- 4 cups - milk, preferably full cream.
- a few strands saffron.
- 5 to 6 tbsp - sugar.
- 3.5 tbsp - rice, soaked.
- 12 almonds, blanched and sliced finely.
- a few drops rose/ almond/ Kesar essence.
How to Make Quick and Easy Phirni
- Soak the rice for 20 mins and grind to a fine paste. Soak the saffron n 1.5 cup warm milk.
- Bring the milk to boil along with the sugar and saffron on the fire.
- Put into a large microwave-safe dish. Stir in the ground rice.
- Microwave at 100% power for 1-2 mins till the milk comes back to a boil again.
- Then reduce the power level to 70% and continue to cook for 5 mins, stirring twice. Stand 3-4 mins.
- Stir in most of the almonds and essence.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining nuts and raisins. Chill well.