- 2 cups - Milk
- 1/2 cup - Cream
- 3 - Eggs
- 2 tbsp - Sherry or rum
- 2 tbsp - Sugar
- For the Coffee Syrup:
- 1 cup - Castor sugar
- 3 tbsp - Water
- 2 tsp - Instant coffee
How to Make Coffee Cream Brulee
- Boil milk with sugar and cool, beat eggs lightly and add to the cooled milk, add rum or sherry.
- Pour the mixture in a well-buttered pie dish, put in a moderate oven until well set and brown on top.
- Pour the coffee syrup over it and put under a griller to caramelize the top.
- Serve either hot or cold.
- To make the coffee syrup:
- Mix all the syrup ingredients and stir over slow heat until all the sugar melts.
- Boil for a few minutes until the syrup is thick, then pour over the custard.